The NSC Production Worker will be responsible for placing finished master bags/cartons/trays on pallets, observing all safety regulations, ensuring all GMP (good manufacturing practices) and quality standards are met and maintain the efficient flow of product though the production process.
• Obtain work schedules and daily production paperwork and prepare for operations.
• Put on all required personal protective equipment and safety gear.
• Ensure that all safety devices are functioning properly.
• Rotate through line stations every two hours or as directed.
• Ensure that the proper packaging supplies (bag rolls/cartons/trays) are positioned to assigned workstation.
• Assembly carton/tray/IFCO- Built carton/tray IFCO by hand.
• Apply sticker with code date and product code and slide box down chute or stack as required.
• Seal carton-manually, manipulate full carton/tray/IFCO on packing conveyer, fold flaps on top down and tuck into place, level bags in trays and IFCO for stacking.
• Stack/palletize- manually place carton/bag/ tray/IFCO on the correct pallet according to proper stack pattern.
• Responsible to remove defective bags from pack line and place into rework totes.
• Notify supervisor of any objects found in or on product or any pests being sighted
• Assemble IFCO trays, build totes and line them with plastic as required.
• Sweep and shovel carrots, keep area clear and clean and place trash/non conforming product in proper receptacles.
• At the end of shift, perform general housekeeping and clean up as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Ability to work as a team and follow instructions.
• Must be able to use or learn to use the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
• Must be able to participate in company orientation and training.
• Must have good mathematical skills (such as adding and subtracting).
• Environmental exposure –cold/wet conditions (40 ° or below).
• Material exposure-moving mechanical parts.
• Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and vibrations.
• Must be able to lift/push-pull/carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three to six months experience in a production facility.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)