INSPIRING THE FRESH
REVOLUTION AND THE FUTURE OF FOOD.
About Campbell Fresh
Fresh, a division of Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB), is on a mission to
inspire the fresh revolution by making fresh foods more accessible, available
and affordable. Expanded beyond the Bolthouse Farms business in 2015, the
division leverages a cold-chain go-to-market platform to bring fresh
refrigerated products to produce, deli and dairy departments of grocery stores
nationwide. C-Fresh is comprised of revered brands such as Bolthouse Farms and
Garden Fresh Gourmet and includes a robust portfolio of products across various
categories including, fresh carrots, super-premium and ultra-premium beverages,
refrigerated salad dressings, refrigerated hummus, salsa, dips, sides and
Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of this unit.
Responsibilities include maintaining inventories of existing supply,
identifying new supply sources, negotiating and managing spend contracts,
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work. Directs and
coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing
materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
• Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of storeroom and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
• Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
• Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
• Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
• Designs, implements, manage, and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
• Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
• Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
• Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
• Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
• Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
• Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines.
• Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge /experience of purchasing principles and practices
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• High level of systems knowledge
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Ability to work in a schedule- driven environment
• Detail oriented with focus on analytical skill set
• High degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree with four years or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid California Driver License with a clean driving record
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Previous experience with JD Edwards platform a plus
• Proven, reliable, work history
• Frequent use of hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment
• Must be able to sit for an extended period of time during work period
Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and
applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on
certain categories protected by Federal law.