Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. The company was acquired by Campbell Soup Company on Aug. 6, 2012. To learn more about the company's mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com
Join the company that was named a top food innovator by Fast Company Magazine! Read the article here!
The Utility Technician will be responsible for performing preventative and predictive maintenance on all Process Refrigeration, HVAC, Boilers, and Compressed Air equipment. Will be responsible for monitoring and operating the Boilers and associated equipment along with the Ammonia compressors, Condensers and Air compressors.
· Assist in performing major and minor repairs on Utility Equipment (Boilers, Process Refrigeration, HVAC, Air Compressors, and Cooling Towers).
· Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on Utility Equipment to increase overall effectiveness.
· Prepares documentation (e.g. records of refrigerants, paperwork, logs, time and materials, specifications, etc.)
for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information
· Complete required documentation and logs regarding equipment operation, run hours, temperatures and pressures associated with Boilers and Compressors (Ammonia and Air).
· Service, repair and rebuild valves and pumps.
· Monitor and document cold room temperatures.
· Operate and monitor the Boiler making pressure adjustments as necessary.
· Test boiler water chemistry and make adjustments as necessary.
· Monitor department emails and notify those on shift of active alarms or faults.
· Comply with all current and future Safety, HACCP, and Food Safety Policies and procedures.
· Comply with all PSM/RMP regulations
· Participate and maintain the Bolthouse Farms Process Safety Management Program.
· Apply common sense, understand, and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
· Ensure coverage for employees’ breaks and meals.
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Punctual, excellent attendance record and ability to work with others.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Appropriate training and certifications relevant to duties
· Ability to service utility equipment as recommended by manufactures.
· Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
· Ability to work comfortably on extension ladders and aerial boom lifts.
· High mobility, performing maintenance on utility equipment throughout the facility, walking up ladders and stairs daily.
· Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training
· Good computer skills, Excel, Word.
· Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
· Valid California Driver License
· Three plus years’ experience working with Ammonia, HVAC, Compressed Air, and Boilers/Steam equipment
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Mechanically inclined.
· Forklift Certified.
· Hazwoper Certified.
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
· Highly mobile, lots of walking both on flat surfaces and up/down stairs.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to perform work on ladders and boom lifts.
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures of -10 degrees to over 110 degrees.
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
3rd shift, Monday through Friday, when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory