“STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.”
Bolthouse Farms is located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
The Harvest Operator will drive and operate one or more farm machines such as tractors, trucks, and harvesters to perform specified farm activity. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of tasks using tractors, mainly loading carrots into a set of field trailers.
• Use heavy equipment, tractor, and loads sets of double trailers with carrots with an acceptable loading weight to be delivered to the processing plant
• Assist Harvest Foreman in general mechanical repairs of equipment
• Hitch soil conditioning implement such as plow or harrow to tractor, and operate tractor and towed implement to furrow and grade soil
• Drive tractor and operate designated towed machine, such as seed drill or manure spreader, to plant, fertilize, dust, and spray crops
• Prepare harvesting machine by adjusting speeds of cutters, blowers, and conveyors and height of cutting head or depth of digging blades according to type, height, weight, and condition of crop being harvested, and contour of terrain
• Attach towed or mounted-type harvesting machine to tractor or drive self-propelled harvesting machine to cut, pull up, dig, thresh, clean, chop, bag, or bundle crops such as sod, vine fruits, or livestock feed
• Move switches, pull levers, and turn knobs and wheels to activate and regulate mechanisms
• Refuel engine, lubricate machine parts, and monitor machine operations to ensure optimum performance
• Drive truck to haul materials, supplies, or harvested crops to designated locations
• Load and unload containers of materials and products on trucks, trailers, or railcars by hand or driving forklift truck
• Mix specified materials and dump solutions, powders, or seeds into planter or sprayer machinery
• Operate stationary equipment to perform post-harvest tasks, such as husking, shelling, threshing, and ginning