Bolthouse Farms is a farm
located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality
consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share
leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and
sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under
the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In
recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of
premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms
mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
The Occupational Health Nurse will interface with plant manager, foreman, supervisors, human resources, and all employees within the manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for all written and verbal communications pertaining to the health center which includes: employee health education and wellness, obtaining medical information from employees, recording medical histories on new or existing employees, assisting and consulting with employees on non-occupational issues within the scope of practice and assisting with return to work evaluations for all occupational and non-occupational medical leaves.
- Assess and treat all work related & non work related injury/illnesses within the scope of practice.
- Managing all required health surveillance programs, and drug/alcohol testing.
- Provide monthly reports as required and assisting with safety meetings, training, and general plant health and safety administration.
- Assist the Safety Department in the implementation and maintenance of a proactive safety and health program to reduce the number of work related injuries and their associated cost.
- Primary liaison with the medical provider community, worker’s compensation insurance carrier and third party administrator.
- Ensure that all claims are thoroughly investigated accepted or denied with company knowledge.
- Ensure that claims reserves are established appropriately with company knowledge.
- Primary facilitator of company wellness initiatives and employee health education and wellness.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all OSHA 300 logs, with oversight from company safety coordinators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal directly with employees/claimants in a manner that instills confidence and facilitates communication.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse medical personnel including physicians, technicians and nurses.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Wellness, OSHA regulations, worker’s compensation status, and associated insurance requirements.
- Must have knowledge of FMLA, and HIPPA regulations, as well as Disability management.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, and Excel.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certificate.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of California
- Must have a Valid California Drivers License with a satisfactory driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year occupational health experience.
Note: The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without
regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion
or any other classification protected by law.
|The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
Click here for additional information.